A history of performance
Pagid began life as Presswerk AG in 1925 in Essen, Germany, as manufacturers of duroplastic parts for radio, telecommunications and domestic appliances, and brake friction materials for Hermankirbach’schen Werk in Coswig.
In 1950, production of brake linings for passenger cars began under the Pagid brand – the start of a braking story synonymous with innovation and performance.
The brand developed rapidly, and in 1960 both VW and Ford cars were fitted with Pagid disc brakes for the first time. Throughout the 1960s, 70s, and 80s a series of landmark OE followed, with Pagid specified on automotive icons such as the VW Golf, Passat, Sirocco and Polo, Audi 80, Porsche 944 and Porsche 911, Alfa Romeo 164, Opel Vectra, and Mercedes S-class.