A HISTORY OF PERFORMANCE
In 1950, production of brake linings for passenger cars began under the Pagid brand – the start of a braking story synonymous with innovation and performance.
The brand developed rapidly, and in 1960 both VW and Ford cars were fitted with Pagid disc brakes for the first time.
Throughout the 1960s, 70s, and 80s a series of landmark OE followed, with Pagid specified on automotive icons such as the VW Golf, Passat, Sirocco and Polo, Audi 80, Porsche 944 and Porsche 911, Alfa Romeo 164, Opel Vectra, and Mercedes S-class.
In 2000, Pagid had already introduced the first ceramic brakes in the market, and in the following years, Pagid has been chosen by almost every prestige marque including; Aston Martin, Mercedes McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi R8, Bentley, Porsche Cayenne, and BMW.
In 2001 Pagid was acquired by the TMD Friction Group, bringing renewed investment in manufacturing process and product innovation, as well as a focus on friction for high-end, racing and performance cars.